Tuesday, January 05, 2016

Chinese Views, Strategy and Geopolitics: Robert Kaplan



This is one of the best summaries of the geo-strategic implications of a rising China. Those physicists at JHU have good taste in seminars ;-)

I generally listen to videos and podcasts at ~1.5 - 2x speed. Combined with the reduction in schlepping, this makes them far superior even to talks on campus. If I have a question for the speaker, I can often email them directly for the answer! Of course, the highest bandwidth path into the brain is still through reading [1].

Earlier posts (with more video):
Red Star over the Pacific and The Thucydides Trap

Asia's Cauldron: the South China Sea and DF-21D ASBM

The Tragedy of Great Power Politics?

Keep your head down, and smile

[1] Charles Munger: I have said that in my whole life, I've known no wise person over a broad subject matter area who didn't read all the time--none, zero. Now I know all kinds of shrewd people who by staying within a narrow area can do very well without reading. But investment is a broad area. So if you think you're going to be good at it and not read all the time, you have a different idea than I do.... You'd be amazed at how much Warren [Buffet] reads. You'd be amazed at how much I read.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Labels