Saturday, May 10, 2014

Michael Lewis, Longform, and HFT

I recommend this podcast interview with Michael Lewis (Longform.org). As with other Longform interviews, it focuses on his work/career as a writer and journalist. Flash Boys is only mentioned in passing.

Re: Flash Boys and high frequency trading (HFT): some years ago, post-financial crisis, I was in touch with some people at the SEC (Securities Exchange Commission, not the football conference) who were trying to build a quant group. Traditionally the SEC hires mostly lawyers, but the financial crisis and the Madoff scandal convinced them they needed to improve their analytical horsepower. I posted this job ad on the blog for them (no idea whether it was useful). At the time I also suggested that the SEC investigate HFT practices, but they didn't seem to know what I was talking about! 8-(

No comments:

Blog Archive

Labels